I want Depo Provera (medroxyprogesterone) and I wanted to know what kinds of tests the gynecologist will do before approving it. Will it take more than one visit then?

Pregnancy Test. A pregnancy test should done before giving you Depo. Depending on the docs schedule you could have this done in one visit. But I would like to quote Depo's own warning "This may cause serious bone loss.The risk of bone loss increases with longer use of this medication.This bone loss may be permanent even after you stop using Depo. Depo shouldn't be used for longer than 2 years"