Can i eat eggplant while i am pregnant?

Dr. Stephen Southard

In brief: Not widely

Recognized as a food to avoid.
There is culturally, some anecdotal reports, about contractions and prematurity but it's not particularly well supported. Mostly where I've seen this come up is in Ayurvedic tradition.

In brief: Not widely

Recognized as a food to avoid.
Dr. Stephen Southard
Dr. Stephen Southard
Dr. David Duncan m.d.
I agree and would add that in a recent review there were no documented studies that supported premature labor or health risks to mother or child. Therefore I would suggest a wide range of multiple fruits and veggies without overdoing any of them along with a couple hundred grams of protein daily. Your OB will give you specific directions as your pregnancy progresses.
Dr. David Duncan m.d.

In brief: Diet while pregnant.

Absolutely. While pregnant, you should eat a wide range of fruits and especially veggies.
Continue to be active. Avoid eating a lot of sugar, saturated fats, and processed foods. Congradulations

In brief: Diet while pregnant.

Dr. David Duncan m.d.
Dr. David Duncan m.d.
Dr. Roy Arnold

It is a very healthy vegetable.
Eating plenty of fruits and vegetables can help you and your baby grow healthily. Thanks for trusting HealthTap!

It is a very healthy vegetable.
Dr. Roy Arnold
Dr. Roy Arnold