Tested positive for d dimer blood test CT with contrast didn't show anything so they sent me home my back is killing me hurts when I take deep breath and I have a high fever and legs hurt what could be wrong ?

Dr. Dominic Riganotti
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: PE

A D-Dimer is a non-specific test that is sometimes used as an indicator for something more serious when coupled with pulmonary symptoms.
..a pulmonary embolus (clot in the vessels of the lung). CT ruled that out. You could have influenza. You should follow up with your PCP as soon as possible. They should have run influenza A/B blood work.

In brief: PE

Dr. Dominic Riganotti
Dr. Dominic Riganotti
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology