I have chronic dry, hard stool and go 4-6d/wk that started 6 mo ago. How often is this the only sign of colorectal cancer?

Dr. Aaron Roland

In brief: Cancer unlikely

First, you are very young.
Colon cancer almost never occurs at this age. Second, this would not be a typical symptom at any age. I encourage a diet high in fruits and vegetables and that you drink plenty of fluids. If the problem persists, see your doctor.

In brief: Cancer unlikely

First, you are very young.
Dr. Aaron Roland
Dr. Aaron Roland
Dr. Mark Kuhnke
Surgery

In brief: Not likely

Now, if you have a change in stool diameter , or color, such as black or red stained stools, that would be suspicious.
Hard, dry stool is often a sign of lack of water and/or dietary issues. I suggest lots of water, a balanced diet with fiber, vegetables, and fruits. Limit alcohol intake. Talk to your doctor or health provider. Don't take more fibre supplements than are recommended. Good luck.

In brief: Not likely

Dr. Mark Kuhnke
Dr. Mark Kuhnke
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery