Dull but persistent pain (6/10) in mid-back, 2" to the L of spine, below bra strap. Radiates horizontally. Worst when lifting/maintaining one position?

Dr. Kashif Abdullah

In brief: Back Muscle strain

Hello Due to the relative moderate level of pain, it would likely be a back muscle strain.
I would say the best remedy is rest from any strenuous lifting, but you should stretch to maintain your range of motion. You could try Tylenol (acetaminophen) for moderate pain relief or a small does of naproxen (Aleve) 200 mg by mouth every 6 hours for a couple of days to relieve the pain. If this gets worse see your doc.

In brief: Back Muscle strain

Dr. Kashif Abdullah
Dr. Kashif Abdullah
Dr. Vikram Patel