How appropriate is a regimen of augmentin (amoxicillin and clavulanate) and azithro for rx of nosocomial pneumonia in elderly male not responding to moxifloxacin?

Dr. John Leander Po
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Not- if right dx

I would first step back and ask how the diagnosis of nosocomial pneumoina was made? There is specific criteria for the diagnosis since it implies the presence of multidrug-resisistant bacteria, for which amoxicillin-clavulanate and azithro is less effective.
The combination stated seems more appropriate for coverage of community acquired/aspiration/atypical pneumonia

In brief: Not- if right dx

Dr. John Leander Po
Dr. John Leander Po
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology