Still having lot of pain in my right ankle MRI results come back with no fractures but I didn't see any ligaments or tendons shown on the images. take ibuprofen and using ankle support when walking?

Dr. Gene Tekmyster
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: MRI

Are you sure it was an MRI? X-Rays are used to rule out fractures and don't show soft tissue.
CT scan are similar machines to MRI, and also don't show ligaments it tendons very well. MRI's are big machines that take an hour to scan a body part. They have great resolution for tendon and ligament injuries. I would also recommend beginning PT for stretching and strengthening work outs.

In brief: MRI

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry

In brief: There are indeed

ligaments and tendons on an MRI….
not sure if there is a typo in the question….what did the MRI report reveal?

In brief: There are indeed

ligaments and tendons on an MRI….
Dr. Vikram Patel