Hi.I'm 42.Bp 130/80 HR 85. I'm hearing a swooshing sound in my left ear in synch with my heartbeat and feel dizzy. Started yesterday. Concerning?

Dr. Alan Kelly

In brief: BP is OK

Your BP and pulse are in the normal range, so that is not worrisome.
You might have labyrinthitis. Labyrinthitis is a condition that causes sudden dizziness and balance problems. People with this problem also feel sick and might throw up. Often, people feel very ill for a few days and then start to feel better. But sometimes, the symptoms last for weeks. Can be from a viral infection.

In brief: BP is OK

Dr. Alan Kelly
Dr. Alan Kelly
Dr. Dipesh Pokharel
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Ear congestion

You are hearing your own heart beats.
Most likely explanation is congestion which conducts your carotid pulse to your ear. If you feel dizzy "room spinning" it could be congestion as well, However, see your doctor to make sure you don't have inner ear infection.

In brief: Ear congestion

You are hearing your own heart beats.
Dr. Dipesh Pokharel
Dr. Dipesh Pokharel
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine