I apparently have a severe sinus infection and was switched to Levaquin 500mg once daily for 10 days. Is this stronger and effective then Cipro (ciprofloxacin)?

Culture. It is not a matter of one antibiotic being BETTER than another. The appropriate antibiotic is related to a culture and sensitivity of the bacterium isolated from the lateral wall of the nose. If your doctor has not cultured the area adjacent to the sinus in the lateral wall of the nose, it is only a guess on the part of the physician. The concept of 1 drug being stronger than another is wrong.