How to lose weight?

Dr. Gregg Nishi
Bariatrics

In brief: Reduce weight

This is a repeat of what I have said before.
My philosophy is that the best way to lose weight is not by dieting, but by changing your lifestyle to a healthier one. You don't need a drastic diet. Make small changes. Eat the right portions, eat 3-5 small meals a day, cut back on carbs and sugars, increase lean protein/veggie/fruit/water intake, and start doing some cardiovascular exercise.

In brief: Reduce weight

Dr. Gregg Nishi
Dr. Gregg Nishi
Dr. David Dinhofer
While eating small meals is one way to satisfy your urge to eat, I think choosing a healthy life style is the first step. You will find adding more grains and vegetables to your diet while cutting down on high caloric foods will be just as satisfying as a diet high in calories. Check this out: http://www.npr.org/programs/ted-radio-hour/408023272/the-fountain-of-youth
Dr. David Dinhofer
Radiology

In brief: Diet, exercise and

You need to balance exercise and caloric intake but just exercise is not enough.
You should review of your diet. Eating more vegetables will fill you up with less calories. As Dr. Kwok advises, eat less sugared foods. Lastly try to enjoy the rest of what you do as much as you like eating. With all the great tasting food around us, it is hard to focus on the other joys of life.

In brief: Diet, exercise and

Dr. David Dinhofer
Dr. David Dinhofer

In brief: See Dr. and eat less

Helpful weight loss diets have natural foods that take time to chew but contain few calories.
Examples include carrots, celery, and leafy lettuce (little or no salad dressing). When shopping for fruits, buy small ones no bigger than a tennis ball, because fruits have sugar. Drinks without calories include water and green tea. A calorie is a calorie, but surely avoid sugar & simple starch calories.

In brief: See Dr. and eat less

Dr. David Dinhofer
You need to balance exercise and caloric intake but just exercise is not enough. You should review of your diet. Eating more vegetables will fill you up with less calories. As Dr. Kwok advises, eat less sugared foods. Lastly try to enjoy the rest of what you do as much as you like eating. With all the great tasting food around us, it is hard to focus on the other joys of life.
Dr. Stephen Southard

In brief: Balance of

How much you are eating and how active you are.
One of the most important ideas to grasp in the battle of losing weight is to understand appropriate portion sizes. As even if you eat a very healthy diet, if you eat too much you'll still gain weight. Food wise, in the end you'll want to try to focus on a diet that is rich in colorful fruits and veggies, and whole grains.

In brief: Balance of

Dr. Stephen Southard
Dr. Stephen Southard