1 doctor weighed in:

How can you tell if you have a hairline fracture or just a sprain?

1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Steven Shannon
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Fractures

The best way to evaluate for a fracture is with radiographs(xrays) and a physical exam by your local orthopaedic surgeon.
99% of fractures can be identified this way. The other 1% may need a CT scan or MRI to identify if there is a fracture.

In brief: Fractures

The best way to evaluate for a fracture is with radiographs(xrays) and a physical exam by your local orthopaedic surgeon.
99% of fractures can be identified this way. The other 1% may need a CT scan or MRI to identify if there is a fracture.
Dr. Steven Shannon
Dr. Steven Shannon
Thank
Get help from a real doctor now
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine
27 years in practice
491K people helped
Continue
111,000 doctors available
Read more answers from doctors