I have pain in my ankle by my Achilles tendon and a little lower there is swelling on the inside of my foot what would it be?

Dr. Ario Kiarash
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Tendinosis

The pain is likely at the insertion of the achilles tendon and represents inflammation, and even possible partial tear of the fibers and the lump represents active repair. If the lump is pain free, no worries.
If it is painful then you need to see your orthopaedic surgeon for evaluation and management.

In brief: Tendinosis

Dr. Ario Kiarash
Dr. Ario Kiarash
Dr. Ellen Wenzel
Podiatry

In brief: Achilles

This could be achilles tendinosis that may include a 'pump bump' or bony formation into the achilles tendon, called an enthesophyte.
A specialist can take xrays to determine the extent of any bony involvement in the tendon.

In brief: Achilles

Dr. Ellen Wenzel
Dr. Ellen Wenzel
Dr. Mark Weston
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: Haglund's deformity

Haglunds defoirmty extra bone bump by achilles can be removed.

In brief: Haglund's deformity

Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine