I usually get hyperemesis gravidarum in pregnancy. How can I avoid it this time?

Dr. Richard Roberts
Clinical Genetics

In brief: May be possible

all the kings horses and all the kings men couldn't help the British princess.
However, I just read today that women with recurrent hyperemesis gravidarum may have a mild form of a mitochondrial disorder, and giving them the B vitamins of the mitochondrial cocktail may be helpful. I'll have to search the Internet for more details, but it could be true.

In brief: May be possible

Dr. Richard Roberts
Dr. Richard Roberts
Dr. John Feola

In brief: Vitamin B6

Hyperemesis Gravidarum can be difficult to treat.
Vitamin B6 is very helpful. There is a combo supplement called Preemesis. I also recommend a Gluten Free diet with High saturated fat in a he form of coconut oil. There are great recipes at GAPSDIET.com and wholeapproach.com. If it persists oral Zofran may help.

In brief: Vitamin B6

Dr. John Feola
Dr. John Feola
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine