Can you take 75 mg diphenhydramine HCl (tylenol (acetaminophen) simply sleep) with .5 mg diazepam (valium)?

Dr. Matthew Smith

In brief: Probably

I think you mean 5 mg of diazepam, not .
5. 75 mg of diphenydramine is a bit high. Tegether, they synergize for additional sedation. Alone, it is probably not enough to be a problem, but if combined with other sedating agents or alcohol, you would be taking a risk, possibly a serious one.

In brief: Probably

Dr. Matthew Smith
Dr. Matthew Smith
Dr. Anne Phelan-adams
You can take it but you might regret it. Combining a higher than recommended dose of diphenydramine PLUS valium can result in morning sedation, not such a good idea if, or example, you have a morning commute.........not to mention dry mouth, urinary retention etc.
Dr. Eric Weisman