What are the chances that I would get cancer from smoking cigarettes?

Why chance it. As per the CDC: People who smoke cigarettes are 15 to 30 times more likely to get lung cancer or die from lung cancer than people who do not smoke. Even smoking a few cigarettes a day or smoking occasionally increases the risk of lung cancer. The more years a person smokes and the more cigarettes smoked each day, the more risk goes up.
Odds are good. There are 42 known carcinogens in cigarettes, so chances are one of them will get you.