I had foot surgery a year ago on my right foot. The orthopod fused the bones, and put a plate in. I have a rash and some discoloration on my toes.

Unrelated. Probably unrelated, but could represent an infection or an allergic reaction. See primary care doctor and/or your surgeon.
HAVE dR examine. Have your orthopedic surgeon examine your foot. Could be a dermatologic condition of a metal allergy.
Many possibilities. There are many types and causes of skin rashes. Several types of inflammatory conditions of the skin, allergic reactions, and sometimes bacterial, viral or fungal infections can cause rashes on the skin. Insect bites can also be the cause of a rash on the skin. Have it evaluated by a professional and get the appropriate treatment.
Rash. See your surgeon as it could be an allergic reaction to the metal . Don't delay. Good luck.