10 year old daughter complains of severe aches and pains in her knees ankles shoulders hips and back seeing big red spots, & asthma ?

Dr. Ratna Dhingra

In brief: Unlikely related

the joint pains and asthma are probably not related.
The spots may be a rash due to an allergy--and asthma can be triggered by an allergy--these may be related.See a pediatrician.

In brief: Unlikely related

5 comments
Dr. Philip Meadow
Agree .Part of the differential diagnosis is Churg Strauss vasculitis associated with rash and symmetric arhritis.It has been linked to leukotriene inhibitors like monteleukast
Dr. Al Hegab
Churg Strauss vasculitis wasn't directly related to leukotriene inhibitors, rather it was related to the flare up of the vascukris when patients were taken off the steroids they were on and started the leukotriene inhibitors, at any rate I agree with Dr Meadow and Dr Dhingra of the importance of medical evaluation, goodluck
Dr. Philip Meadow
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Immediate eval

Symmetric polyarticular arthritis as well as joint pain in setting of rash raises concern for Churg Stauss vasculitis which has been linked to the leukotriene inhibitor monteleukast which I would stop immediately!The asthma is often quiescent in these patients.

In brief: Immediate eval

Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine