My father is in hospital with chest pain off and on along with numbness in both hands. His Troponin level is 2.55. No answers... any thoughts?

Ischemic Heart Dis. Chest pain with elevated troponin needs an urgent evaluation by a cardiologist. Since your father is already in the hospital, I presume he has already been evaluated by a cardiologist or if there is no cardiologist, he has been sent immediately to a hospital that has the capacity and personnel to evaluate and treat. He may be having a serious heart attack.