Can I use olive leaf extract or grapefruit seed extract nasal sprays to get off Afrin rebound sinusitis?

Dr. Girish Kalva

In brief: Surgery may not help

I am a doctor who suffered for years with sinus infections.
do the following: 1.Avoid anything cold. 2.no soda. 3.use Sovereign Silver spray when I feel like I am getting another attack.its safe and natural.u won't get it in Mexico :( 4.I use VICKS topically as much as I can. 5.use a humidifier at night 6.drink lots of water. 7. Saline drops 10 times a day. 8. Nasocort has lot of side effec

In brief: Surgery may not help

Dr. Girish Kalva
Dr. Girish Kalva
Dr. Jeffrey Juchau

In brief: I'm not sure if

those would work or not.
I do know that using a nasal steroid like nasacort (triamcinolone) will help you get off the Afrin. Take two puffs of nasacort (triamcinolone) in each nostril once a day while at the same time decreasing by one the number of Afrin squirts you use each day. By the time you get to zero on the Afrin you won't need it any more and you will be able to breath. Use the nasacort (triamcinolone) another 2 weeks then stop.

In brief: I'm not sure if

those would work or not.
Dr. Jeffrey Juchau
Dr. Jeffrey Juchau
Dr. Louise Andrew
This will work, but it is a prescription drug which can have some side effects. You could do the same thing by diluting the Afrin with over the counter saline nose drops, first week make it a 50/50 mix, next week again a 50/50 mix of what's left from the previous week's dilution, etc. Also try using the saline alone between Afrin uses. You might just be able to wean yourself without using drugs.
Dr. Daniel Lebowitz
Board Certified, Anti-Aging Medicine