Could inguinal hernia surgery cause a change in the direction of my erection? I notice it points to the right now.

Unlikely. You may have peyronie's. We don't know the cause but there are lots of treatment options available including a promising biological agent the fda is currently reviewing.
Probably not. You may have peyronie's disease. I would see a urologist to confirm. It's bening, and related to blood clotting on the dorsal veins of the penis.
Changed Penis shape. This outcome would be worrisome and you should seek help from the surgeon or a good urologist. As a physician hearing this outcome I have numerous questions, such as do you have pain? Is anything swollen? Is the penis showing any sign of a blood clot (a hardness somewhere in the shaft when it is flaccid?).