Is Nutella chocolate spread healthy or unhealthy? Is it ok to give to a child for a snack?

Dr. Joseph Oh

In brief: Depends

Nutella has a lot of calories, fat, and sugar.
Probably not the best choice for a child's snack. That being said, if your child is at an otherwise healthy weight, I don't think there's anything wrong with the occasional whole wheat toast with Nutella :)

In brief: Depends

Dr. Joseph Oh
Dr. Joseph Oh
Dr. Natalie Hodge

In brief: Candy

Think of Nutella the same way you think of candy.
It is a treat to be used sparingly. Ok, perhaps it is a notch better than candy as it does have some hazelnuts in there. But otherwise, its straight sugar. A small amount once a week is ok for a treat. I'd avoid thinking of this as a breakfast food that is good for your child!

In brief: Candy

Dr. Natalie Hodge
Dr. Natalie Hodge