Hi, my son has ring worm on neck and scalp. I have tried topical antifungal creams, but the ring worms came back.

Scalp needs more. Topical agents can never get to the root of hair that is infected with such a fungus.You need to see your kids doc and let them confirm the problem and prescribe a med that will actually reach/kill the fungus.
Griseofulvin . He needs a stronger medicine by mouth called Gruseofulvin for 4-8 weeks, you need to be seen by a pediatrician and have liver function tests monitored while on therapy. If you don't have a primary doc, feel free to go to Concierge if you'd like a real time doctor to work with you.