I have orange/red bumps on the back of the throat, visible red veins, and I can feel very thick mucous on my throat that is difficult to swallow.?

Infection/allergies. You may have either an infection or allergies. It would be best to have a doctor look at your throat and make sure that you do not have an infection that needs treatment. Make sure that you are drinking at least 6 glasses of water daily to thin the mucus, Drinking warm liquids such as tea may also help. Try also warm salt water gargles (1/4 teaspoon salt in 1 cup warm water)