Why do wisdom teeth hurt sometimes when you sleep?

3rd molar pain? 3rd molar Tooth erupts between 17 to 23 yrs of age. This pain can be from the growth pains. If the the 3rd molars are out and pain arise in your sleep, you could be grinding due to your bite feeling off . Really the best thing is going to your dentist and he/she will check it bite 3rd molars are difficult to clean also and cavities are very way to get on 3rd molars which is another possibility. .
Bruxism. Wisdom teeth should not hurt any more asleep vs awake. You are likely clenching/grinding in your sleep. I see this often in patients referred for "wisdom tooth pain". For best results, make sure you are evaluated and treated by a board certified oral & maxillofacial surgeon.