Old CT reports .. No lung lesions . New CT reports ..... Upper lobe nodule remains unchanged . Mcrc patient . Confussed plz advise ?

Dr. Kathy Robinson

In brief: Missed nodule?

It is possible that the nodule was so small that it was missed on the first CT report.
Whenever you have a CT scan or xray the radiologists always looks back and the previous one for comparison. It is possible that the radiologist that read the more recent CT saw something that was missed earlier. The fact that it is unchanged between CT reports means it is probably benign.

In brief: Missed nodule?

Dr. Kathy Robinson
Dr. Kathy Robinson
Dr. Khayriyyah Chandler

In brief: Take this to your DR

I think this is important to review the discrepancy.
Often your doctor can clarify by having a radiologist look at it on the phone and reviewing it together, but this definitely needs clarifying. By the way, lung nodules are VERY common, many are benign (non-cancerous).

In brief: Take this to your DR

Dr. Khayriyyah Chandler
Dr. Khayriyyah Chandler
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology