Is molliscusm contagiosm a sexually transmitted infection? Is it forever? Or does it come and go like herpes?

Yes, no, and no. MC is mostly a childhood infection, transmitted by saliva in toddlers, mostly on the face. Cases in young adults usually are in the genital area, groin, etc and are sexually acquired from infected partners. MC is a harmless inconvenience with no serious complications. It clears in a few months and rarely recurs. Treatment can speed healing; see a doctor, preferably dermatologist or STD specialist.