How to deal with anxiety disorder?

The best combo of. treatments is psychotherapy and possibly medication support. First you have to know that your anxiety is psychological and not the result of something else (side effects of meds, the result of a physical disease, etc.). Go to an MD for a physical first, then to a therapist, as needed. Here's a reference for some self diagnosis: http://www.psychologyproductsandservices.com/page2.html.
Anxiety is a symptom. While the term anxiety is used broadly as a specific disorder, it is not an accurate concept. There several psychiatric disorders, life events, PTSD, and stress, among other conditions where anxiety is the major symptom. In order to get optimal treatment, it is advisable to consult a psychologist or psychiatrist in order to get an accurate diagnosis and treatment recommendations.
Psychiatric Consult. There are many reasons why someone might have anxiety symptoms and possibly have an anxiety disorder. The treatment might include various kinds of psychotherapy or medications or both. You need to speak with someone who would be able to diagnose the condition and help you consider the various options for treatment.
U've taken 1st step. Congratulations on taking the 1st step toward either resolving or coping/controlling with your anxiety problems. You should now find yourself a trustworthy psychologist or psychiatrist who can help guide you through the process of identifying whether your problem will best respond to behavioral or drug therapy or BOTH. Again, congratulations on getting on your way and all the best.
To address anxiety: Talk about feelings & address problems. Don't avoid them. Aim for 7.5 - 8 hours of sleep/ night. Daily physical activity is optimal in a green space. Eat healthfully. Cut out junk carbs, caffeine & alcohol (or moderate). Try Qi Gong, Tai Chi, acupuncture, acupressure, homeopathy, meditation, Yoga, exercise program, deep breathing exercises or Progressive muscle relaxation.
Anxiety. Professionals look for the way anxiety impacts the comfort and function of the person involved. Since everyone gets anxious at times, the clinical psychologist or other type of doc needs to assess how much of a problem anxiety presents in doing life tasks and feeling relatively happy. See www.relaxationresponse.org . Peace and good health.
Get Help. You should consult a mental health professional who specializes in the treatment of anxiety. There are treatment protocols that have been shown to be highly successful in treating such conditions. Don't delay. Get help!
Anxiety. Depends on type of anxiety. Start with identifying the source, life style changes, and manage stress, with supportive therapy for guidance.
Learn skills first. It depends if you have the skills to reduce your physiological arousal (anxiety) and replace your intrusive negative/scary thoughts. It would help to work with a trained professional and set up a program that will aid you in your goals. This is one of many great sites that have information to get you started. http://www.anxietybc.com/
Therapy? Have you yet tried any form of psychotherapy? Typically, the optimal combination of things to treat emotional issues such as anxiety or depression is medication (which, on your best day, is supposed to take the edge off symptoms) but the real gruntwork takes place in psychotherapist's consulting room.
Seek help. Anxiety disorder is very common disorder. There are various ways to treat like psychotherapy or CBT or medications. See psychologist or physician . http://patient.info/doctor/generalised-anxiety-disorder-pro.
Get tough . . . See your doctor to get started with good treatment. In addition, "opposite action" can help. It's not possible to be fully assertive and anxious at the same time. Make a leap into assertive behavior--be in charge of YOU--and focus on acting to accomplish your goals. Don't think too much about approval from others--you're in charge. That's good news for you and bad news for anxiety.
See below. Have you seen your primary to rule out any physical causes of the anxiety? Relaxation, deep breathing . You can also keep a diary of the events that cause the anxiety (what happened, the thoughts you had, where did it feel in your body. Ask for help, if you feel you can't control your symptoms --a counselor who specializes in cognitive behavior therapy. Consider meds, if needed. Good luck!
Anxiety. It is good to have a medical exam first to rule out any underlying illness. You could seek psychotherapy from a clinical psychologist for a program to reduce test-taking anxiety, including breathing exercises. There are also medications to help with this. With good psychotherapy it can be possible for certain people to overcome the need for medication for panic attacks.
Therapy + self help. There are various therapies that help with anxiety, and my preference is a combination of CBT and Energy Psychology. Medication can also be helpful, but it's best to combine medication with therapy. I recommend you discuss this with your health care provider and get a referral to a therapist who specializes in treating anxiety disorders.
Anxiety. Anxiety and fear always started somewhere with a true threat, but sometimes it is not obvious where. I can do an assessment and am an expert in treating trauma and other anxiety and sleep disorders. Expert in EMDR, I strongly recommend it as usually the fastest and most effective treatment to fully resolve the anxiety and not have it come back.
Coping w/anxiety. The goal of coping with an anxiety disorder is not to sit idly by and merely accept it. Rather, there are evidence based treatments that can help. Cognitive Behavior Therapy, Mindfulness exercises, time and activity management can help greatly. Seek out a licensed psychologist with these skills to help you.
CBT. Cognitive-behavioral therapy can help immensely with learning to manage anxiety. Consult with a psychologist here on HealthTap or in your community to start the process of developing healthy coping strategies.
CBT and medication. Research is clear that the most effective treatment for anxiety is a combination of medication and cognitive behavioral therapy. That way you manage your physical symptoms while you learn new strategies to better manage your anxiety and learn ways to stop it all together or at least as much as possible.
Psychotherapy helps. Anxiety is a painful symptom, but it has many different sources and causes for different people. It is analogous to a fever, a symptom of many different illnesses. In my work with people with anxiety and panic attacks, progress begins when patients tell me their family and relationship history, and the history of their anxiety symptoms, and we begin to understand its origins and meanings.