After I stop bleeding from having a miscarriage will a home pregnancy test test negative? If it test negative does that mean miscarriage is complete?

More or less. In general, if the home pregnancy test is negative, it means that the miscarriage is finished. There are a few rare exceptions but these are usually identified by persistent spotting or bleeding. Best wishes!
HCG concentration. The HCG (Pregnancy hormone) concentration drops by half every two days. If a woman experiences a tapering off bleeding after a miscarriage of 6 days, that would amount to 3 "doubling times". If the HCG concentration at the time of miscarriage was 4000, it would have dropped to 2000, 1000, 500 after 6 days. The preg test would still be positive. .