A root canal for my abcess tooth on 1/17/15. He did not put me on anti biotics before hand and my face is still swollen. How long does swelling last?

Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: Call your dentist

After the root canal treatment, you may have some swelling and certainly some pain.
If swelling does not decrease after 48-72 call your dentist immediately for post root canal evaluation and treatment if needed.

In brief: Call your dentist

Dr. John DeWolf
Dentistry

In brief: Can't generalize

Swelling in your hand is not likely to be related to the root canal.
Depending on where your facial swelling is the same may be true there. We don't always use antibiotics when treating root canals of teeth so you really need to have your facial swelling evaluated by your treating dentist and your hand swelling looked at by your primary care provider. Swelling lasts as long as there is inlammation

In brief: Can't generalize

Dr. Thomas Yash
They meant beforehand as before the RCT was performed not that hand swollen.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Root canal

This is either a very old question making the rounds again, or you have mistyped the date.
If you are still experiencing pain, swelling, or bleeding, return to the General Dentist or specialist Endodontists who did your treatment for a reevaluation.

In brief: Root canal

Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine