My dad is 81 and has a twisted bowel he is in hospital for 7 days and there no Chang in him how long will it take?

If he has. a volvulus, he will likely need some type of operation for definitive resolution of his symptoms, maybe even a colostomy. Inquire to his doctors who can fill you in with more details.