Hello, I've had green stools for awhile and been only having one bowel movement everyday. What can be the reasoning? Scared it's cancer I'm 18.

Dr. Kris Gast
Radiation Oncology

In brief: Green stools

There are many things that can cause stools to be green but the basic cause is the food is passing to quickly thur the intestines.
Normally bile makes stool green at the start and a normal transit time lets the stool go from green to yellow to brown. Google green stools and see if any of the causes match with what you are doing. Cancer is low on the list at your age.

In brief: Green stools

Dr. Kris Gast
Dr. Kris Gast
Pathology

In brief: Diet

Intake of green vegetable can impart a green color to stool and it is not a sign of cancer. Unless a first degree relative of yours developed colon cancer before the age of 28, you need not worry about colon cancer.

In brief: Diet

Dr. Andrea Brand