Bad cold virus. 2 eye infections going away and now ear infection. Pain is gone but it's plugged and can barely hear out of it. When will it clear?

It may take a while. With most middle ear infections, there is an accumulation of fluid that builds up in the middle ear space. That is what makes you feel "muffled" with hearing. Even after adequate treatment it can take 1-3 weeks for this fluid to clear. If you have a common cold, (upper respiratory infection ), this can slow down the process. Chew gum, drink extra liquids and hot showers can make you feel a little.