Hello, I need surgery on both wrists because of severe Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. How long will it take after surgery before I can use my hand again?

Dr. Dan Fisher

In brief: Varies

If your carpal tunnel is severe I would bet you cannot use your hands now.
..... Recovery varies, but fine motor is pretty good right away progressing to full strength after a few weeks.

In brief: Varies

Dr. Dan Fisher
Dr. Dan Fisher
Dr. Peter Nefcy
Radiology

In brief: Try to fix yourself

Surgery may help, or may not.
If you are interested in a home treatment program to reduce and possibly relieve your symptoms without surgery, and you are willing to actively participate in your treatment, then please contact me for a Professional Consult, an I will start you on a program to reduce your symptoms using natural healing and reflexes.

In brief: Try to fix yourself

Surgery may help, or may not.
Dr. Peter Nefcy
Dr. Peter Nefcy