Pimple is painful and growing 1 big and 2 very small whiteheads. Should I pop it? I have waited a couple days and it's not going away.

Dr. Tara Passow
Dermatology

In brief: Warm compress

A warm compress can help bring infection/inflammation to the surface resolve faster. If you're compelled to pop it, better to use sharp needle cleaned with alcohol or hydrogen peroxide and poke into the side of pustule (whitehead).
Don't poke downward into skin. Squeezing could make it more inflamed and spread inflammation through surrounding tissues, so not recommended. Anti-inflammatory too.

In brief: Warm compress

Dr. Tara Passow
Dr. Tara Passow