I have gastritis and am on protonix (pantoprazole). Can take Pepcid AC while on it as well for the heartburn, gas and bloating?

Dr. Andrew Seibert
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

It is perfectly okay to use Pepcid AC on an as needed basis for breakthrough symptoms while you are being treated with Protonix (pantoprazole).
If you have been taking the protonix (pantoprazole) for awhile and you are having the need for additional medication more than 2 to 3 times per week, then I would suggest that you may need a change to your medical regimen. If so, contact your doctor. Good luck.

Dr. Vicken Poochikian