I have whiteheads on my cheeks and forehead. I started using face wash with salicylic acid now they are turning to blackheads. It this normal?

Black vs whiteheads. Whiteheads are pores covered by a thin layer of skin cells. Thus, oils and white blood cells that react to oils (or to acne bacteria in the oil gland) are stuck just under the surface of the skin. The result is a whitehead. It's possible for them to "turn into" blackheads if the thin layer of cells got scrubbed away with washing, allowing the trapped comedone to darken upon exposure to air oxygen.