Can I take levothyroxine?

If you need it. Anyone with a thyroid hormone deficiency can take brand name thyroxine to return their level to normal. There are no side effects, etc. To appropriate use.
Probably. The problem with generic thyroid hormone (levothyroxine) is that your thyroid level can vary depending upon which generic you receive. People who have had their thyroid removed or have very low thyroid hormone production by their own thyroid should use a brand name product for consistency. Hopefully this answers your question.