When a person recovers from Hepatitis A, is the virus truly 100% gone from their system? Or is it just suppressed and can reactivate like Hep B and C?

Dr. Alan Steinbach

In brief: No

Hi Jerry67 Interesting question.
So I rechecked, and was not able to find a single case of re-activation of Hep A.

In brief: No

Hi Jerry67 Interesting question.
Dr. Alan Steinbach
Dr. Alan Steinbach
Dr. Randy Baker
Holistic Medicine

In brief: 100% gone

The only things the Hepatitis A virus has in common with the Hep B & C viruses are that it primarily infects the liver. Symptoms can range from mild to quite severe (it can even rarely be fatal) but once you recover it is fully out of your system and, fortunately, you can not get it again.

In brief: 100% gone

Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Marsha Davis