Differentiating between bronchitis and lung cancer?

Both cause. Cough, sputum, even occasonal blood, and are related to smoking, but bronchitis is another warning to quit, and lung cancer means you have acquired something that might kill you. Big difference.
Not a matter for . Self diagnosis. Both have cough with sputum. Chronic bronchitis may be present for months on end. You are not likely to have lung cancer at your age, especially since you have not used tobacco. Acute bronchitis will subside in a couple of weeks, if it does not it will be time to see your doctor.
Fast Answer. Bronchitis is the inflammation of a lung/lungs and is easily treated, usually transient, can be acute or chronic. Lung cancer is a growth of abnormal cells that will continue to grow more rapidly than they should and not die as normal cells are programmed to do. It is a chronic disease, and no over-the-counter or simple medicine will help. Seeing an oncologist is the best thing you can do!