I have salfte oxlate stoned how can I minmize them?

In brief: Diet changes
Best change is increasing fluid intake (try to drink enough to procedure over 2 liters of urine a day) - should be mostly water and lemonade is good for stones as well.
Decreasing oxalate in your diet is important. Foods high in oxalate include beans, nuts, tea, chocolate. A diet low in sodium and animal meat protein is important as well. You should discuss this with your urologist.

In brief: Diet changes
Dr. Matthew Thom
Dr. Matthew Thom
2 comments
Dr. Matthew Thom
You are welcome, please let me know if you have any further questions
Dr. Quresh Khairullah
also avoid Vit C which is converted to oxalate in the body and and follow a low fat diet here is a site for oxalate content in foods https://regepi.bwh.harvard.edu/health/nutrition.html
Dr. Tarek Naguib
Internal Medicine - Nephrology & Dialysis
In brief: Lots of lime/lemonad
Citrus drinks help you avoid the conglomeration of oxalate crystals into stones.
This includes crystal light and fresca, diet sprite, 7 up. Dietary avoidance of oxalate is also important. Cut down ice tea, if taking much of it. Avoid strawberry, mangoes, eggplants and other oxalate rich diets. Also, decrease red meat.

In brief: Lots of lime/lemonad
Dr. Tarek Naguib
Dr. Tarek Naguib
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine