I have lost 20 lbs in a couple months unexpectedly. When I eat I can barely eat and then feel very full and my upper abdomen will be distended.?

Dr. Devon Webster
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: Please see a doctor!

Your symptoms are very concerning.
What you describe could be caused by many health problems, the most concerning being cancer. You're young so cancer is less likely, but early satiety (feeling full after eating very little) is a symptom of an enlarged spleen or a mass in the abdomen pressing on the stomach. It's also a symptom of ovarian cancer. I don't want to alarm you, but please see a doc!

In brief: Please see a doctor!

Your symptoms are very concerning.
Dr. Devon Webster
Dr. Devon Webster
Dr. Patricia Vuguin

In brief: Refer to MD

Rapidly losing more than 5 percent of your body weight could indicate that there is an underlying health issue that needs to be address by your physician.

In brief: Refer to MD

Dr. Patricia Vuguin
Dr. Patricia Vuguin
Dr. Keith Stockerl-Goldstein
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: See your doctor

This could be a gastrointestinal problem or possibly related to spleen enlargement.
Fluid accumulation in the abdominal cavity could also be part of the problem. You need to see a physician to be examined.

In brief: See your doctor

Dr. Keith Stockerl-Goldstein
Dr. Keith Stockerl-Goldstein
Dr. Peter Kurzweil