Gout pain attack?

Can take . Colchicine when attacks are acute, antiinflammatories, warm water soaks and at times injection into the region.
They work. I've treated acute gouty attacks for almost 30 years and used judiciously, Colchicine and intraarticular steroid injections do work...Much better in fact than nsaids. And there is some research to indicate that the reason gout attacks the peripheral joints first is the lower temperature so heat may work when cold doesn't. ....Just my 2 cents.
Disagree . I disagree at an extent. Heat makes the attack worse, use ice. Colchicine is a poor choice for the acute attacks because it usually causes GI toxicity before it helps. The acute attack is best treated with nsaids or a short course of prednisone. One can inject a large joint that is involved but i would not a small joint like the big toe because it is so painful.