It has been roughly a month since my wisdom teeth wereremoved. I am now having swelling, tenderness, and heat in my jaw area. Is it possible that my bone is infected?

Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
In brief: Possibly
It is a possibility that you have infection in that area.
I'd go back to the dentist who removed it and have it checked.

In brief: Possibly
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Scott Frank
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial
In brief: Possibly
It is uncommon to have symptoms of swelling and tenderness in the jaw one month later. I suggest an evaluation by an oral & maxillofacial surgeon to determine possible causes.
It may be unrelated, such as a problem with an adjacent tooth.

In brief: Possibly
Dr. Scott Frank
Dr. Scott Frank
Dr. James Bates
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial
In brief: Postop Problem
You should not have swelling, tenderness and heat in your jaw after a month.
All your symptoms suggest a postoperative infection of the soft tissue or bone, possibly a subperiosteal abscess or even osteomyelitis. You should return to see the oral surgeon who removed your wisdom teeth. You may require treatment with antibiotics, or a procedure to drain the infection or remove infected bone.

In brief: Postop Problem
Dr. James Bates
Dr. James Bates
Dr. Peter Dantini
Dentistry
A dry socket is not likely at i month after wisdom tooth removal.
But, you may have lodged a piece of food such as popcorn, cracker, chips etc in the socket (empty area where the tooth used to be). You need to see your dentist as soon as possible.

Dr. Peter Dantini
Dr. Peter Dantini
Dr. Cindy Juster