I had inguinal hernia surgery w/ mesh 6 months ago.Now I have a pulling sensation in my groin. Saw my surgeon twice, he says it feels okay. Any ideas?

Dr. Neil Floch
Surgery

In brief: Time will heal

The mesh material can move very slightly, but this can cause pain.
Usually the pain lasts for about 3 days and then subsides. If your doctor did not feel that the hrnia came back...Then you should be ok. Take Motrin or another ant-inflamatory agent but ask your doctor first so that you do not have a drug interaction.

In brief: Time will heal

Dr. Neil Floch
Dr. Neil Floch
Dr. Robert Alexander
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: May be scar pulling

Pulling may be a result of scarring that is contracting.
It is not unusual, but should be followed on regular basis with your surgeon. You should report any worsening of symptoms to him.

In brief: May be scar pulling

Dr. Robert Alexander
Dr. Robert Alexander
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery