Whats the best way to get rid of acid reflux?

Start with diet. The first thing to do is start with diet modification. This includes removing caffeeine, nicotine, mints and speriment, tomotato sauce products, chocoloate, alcohol. Try to reduce late night eating, and large heavy meals.
Many ways to tame. Less acidic foods, and smaller meals can help. Otc proton pump inhibitors like prilosec, or h2 receptor blockers like Zantac (ranitidine) very often will give relief. Frequent acid reflux (gerd) should be managed by a physician, as it can lead to barrett's esophagus. This condition, where the lining of the lower esophagus changes to stomach-like lining can lead to esophageal cancer.
Start Simple First. Most individuals with reflux > 90% can control it with lifestyle change (lose wt, dietary, avoid nicotine). Some require medication such as Prilosec or zantac, (ranitidine) now available over the counter after needing a prescription for years. If you have occasional reflux all the methods are reasonable. What not to do is ignore it if it is severe and requiring constant otc medications. This should be seen by md.
Diet, meds, surgery. Diet modifications are the best place to start. If symptoms persist, proton pump inhibitors, like prilosec, are considered the most effective medications to lower acid levels, however they are not "reflux" medications. In other words, they do not prevent stomach contents from coming up, they only make what refluxes up less acidic. Surgery can be performed to stop or minimize reflux all together.