Im 21. Over a year ago I had a plate inserted for broken ulnar. It broke again under plate 6 months ago.Did plate cause this? Should I get it removed?

Dr. Ralph Salvagno
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Non union
The most likely cause for "re-fracture" of a bone is that it was never completely healed (non-union).
Compression of the fracture ( pushing the ends together ) helps fracture healing. If a re-fracture or non-union develops sometimes it is necessary to remove/replace the plate.

In brief: Non union
Dr. Ralph Salvagno
Dr. Ralph Salvagno
Dr. Robert Levine
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Possible Nonunion
It sounds as if you may a nonunion and the plate did not cause it.
Unfortunately some fractures don't heal with the initial management. You may need to have the plate removed, the fracture explored, a bone graft, and a new plate. What can and should be done should be discussed with your surgeon.

In brief: Possible Nonunion
Dr. Robert Levine
Dr. Robert Levine
Dr. Marsha Davis