I have had addison's disease for almost 20 years. Will such long term use of steriods have any serious effects? None so far that I know of.

Dr. Jennie Law
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: Little if dose ok

If the dose of steroids you are on is not excessive, and is the minimal amount you require, you should theoretically not get more steroid exposure than a person without addison's, and therefore should not be at higher risk of side effects.

In brief: Little if dose ok

Dr. Jennie Law
Dr. Jennie Law
Dr. Patricia Vuguin

In brief: Relates to Dosing

Usually the sideveffects of steroids are related to the dosing, the higher the dose the worst the complications.
I am sure that the reason that you have not seen complications is because you have been taking the right dose.May be you would like to talk with your doctor about osteoporosis, that can be seen with long standing treatment.

In brief: Relates to Dosing

Dr. Patricia Vuguin
Dr. Patricia Vuguin
Dr. Cindy Juster