My IgE level is 1300 and my sister has elevated IgM and IgA levels. Is this genetic? And could my other levels be off too?

Dr. Nayla Mumneh
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Immunoglobulins

A high ige is seen in allergies and allergic asthma and eczema.
This is what your level means. Your sister's is a different problem, slight elevations in both igm and IgA can be reactions to acute infections, she is best evaluated by an immunologist to determine if this needs to be investigated further.

In brief: Immunoglobulins

Dr. Nayla Mumneh
Dr. Nayla Mumneh
Dr. Laurence Badgley
General Practice

Could be genetic.
A doctor who has an interest in immunology can give you the best advice. Such doctors are usually internal medicine specialists. Your local medical society might be able to direct you.

Could be genetic.
Dr. Laurence Badgley
Dr. Laurence Badgley
Dr. William Forsythe