I was 6 weeks pregnant and had the flu. The doctor preacribed me tamiflu; is this safe for my unborn baby?

Highly likely. The fda has categorized this drug under medical category "c". The data is insufficient to give a clear picture on the effects of tamiflu (oseltamivir) on pregnant women and the developing fetus. There were no human specimens in the tests but effects on rats and rabbits showed only minimal questionable toxicity to the mothers.
Safer than flu. The tamiflu (oseltamivir) is listed as a category "c" medication, reflecting it's status as relatively safe during pregnancy. The flu itself can have devastating effects to the mother during pregnancy, occasionally causing death.