How does dehydration decrease blood pressure and increase heart rate?

The decrease. In BP is due to the decline in plasma volume. The increase in hr is compensatory to meet the body's needs in this state.
Dehydration. Dehydration occurs when you have a fluid deficit. Either you are not taking in enough fluid, think of being on a life raft in the middle of the ocean with no water on board. Or you have excessive fluid losses, when you have diarrhea. The lack of volume in your arteries causes low blood pressure. Your heart has to pump more rapidly to pump out a smaller volume of fluid to the rest of your body.